Friday, September 4, 2015

What's In My Backpack + DIY School Supplies!

What’s In my Backpack? + DIY School Supplies!

School is literally four days away so I decided to do a Back To School Haul/ DIY supplies you could make. For this, I went to Target and Staples and I practically bought the whole store… so, keep reading to find out my back to school essentials!

  1. The Backpack
The backpack (and all the stuff that goes into it) are highly important for school. The backpack I bought is one that is roomy in order to fit the (sigh) pounds of books and binders you have to carry to and from school. (pictured below) In my backpack I have the following:


  • 4 better binders - 1.5 inches - different colors
  • 2 studio c binders - 1.5 inches - different patterns
  • 4 spiral notebook - (i went crazy and got a whole bunch of different ones too)
  • loose leaf paper
  • 2 composition notebooks
  • 1 accordion folder - (great for keeping your papers neat)



2. The Pencil case
The pencil case is another vital item to survive the school year. In it you have all the pens and markers and pencils that will lead you to success. Okay, sorry, didn’t mean to go all motivation speaker on you guys. Anyway here is what I have in my pencil case (It’s a glittery one from Target, don’t judge…)
  • 1pk of blue Poppin ball point pens
  • 1pk of gels pens
  • 1pk of highlighters - (all different colors)
  • 2pks of post it notes
  • index cards
  • 2 erasable pens
  • crayons
  • markers
  • a glue stick
  • dry erase maker
  • a tape dispenser


3. The Locker
The locker is the most important place in your whole school that is actually YOURS so I feel that it should be decorated properly, am I wrong? Your locker is like a little safe haven that you can escape to whenever (well, nt during class) you need a little peace. So I decided to buy:
  • 1 pink locker shelf
  • 1 vanity mirror (holds makeup + is a mirror)
  • 1 mini dry erase board
  • a chandelier
  • magnetic wallpaper
  • a fuzzy rug
  • photos of me and my friends!


4. Miscellaneous
This section is a list of all the other stuff you may (or may not) need at school. I decided to go a little further and divided this section into mini categories too. Your Welcome.
  • Beauty:
    • hairbrush
    • mini foundation/coverup
    • lipgloss
    • roll on perfume
    • wipes
    • tide-to-go (THESE ARE LIFESAVERS)
  • Electronics:
    • phone
    • portable charger
    • laptop (if you need it)
    • laptop case (if you need it)
  • Everything Else:
    • mints
    • gum
    • extra paper + pens


Okay, now that you read about my school essentials, (or maybe you just scrolled to the bottom) it is time to make YOUR back to school items way cooler! These are THREE very simple DIYS that you can do to jazz up, (no that sounds weird, maybe to spunk up, no that’s worse, I give up) your supplies.. so keep reading!


  1. Pretty Polka Dots
Want to personalize your plain-old spiral notebook? Add dots! Just take a paint brush and your favorite color paint, and add as many dots as you would like. You can do this on a pencil case and binders too!

I got bored at the end... oops!



2. Chalkboard Notebook
We have all been there. You’re sitting in math class and the teacher is droning on and on about geometric equations so you start doodling. Well, instead of drawing on paper, doodle on a chalkboard, right on your very on notebook! All you have to do for this DIY is too grab some chalkboard paint and paint over your notebook cover. Then ta-da! you have a portable chalkboard.
from left to right, then up!

3. Tumblr Collage
Have a boring binder? Just make a Tumblr collage. Fill it with outfit inspo, photos of your friends, quotes, whatever you want! Slip it into the front pocket of your binder or glue it on. I personally had one on my binder last year (and will again) and it brightened my whole day.
sorry about the lighting! I do not know why it is like that!


Hope you liked this blog post!

Questions that need answering?
Comments that need commenting?
Comment them down below!

See you soon!
xoxo,

elle


You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment